Friday, November 24, 2017

  A bit late but Happy Thanksgiving! I will admit I've struggled a bit this holiday season to get excited for the Holidays (I am looking fwd to some parts just struggling with other things) but no less I am grateful for all I have and all who are part of my life.

Things con't to go pretty well with the headaches - I honestly think this is 1 of the longest periods I've had in a long while (perhaps some yrs) where I've not had pretty bad headaches. I am so so glad Dr.Bragg has stayed part of my care and my life and that she con't to work with Dr.Iskandar (my Neurosurgeon since she moved, her former Partner) - together they have made a difference especially this last surgery though really I think this relief is almost an unintended benefit of surgery (no doubt moving the shunt catheter helped significantly, that radiating pain is 90% better and only occurs now on much rare occasion and to a much lesser degree).
Best perhaps of all (though don't get me wrong that relief is fantastic to!) But the CSF (spinal fluid) leak that occurred after this last surgery which continues to a small (or varying really) degree is what truly relieves my headaches. The 2 shunts alone make a significant difference in my headaches but I rarely feel truly great. With the additional CSF leak it is truly like a whole different situation and WONDERFUL!!!!

Heart rate wise oh this heart rate of mine. I swear between the shunts and Heart which could drive a person nuttier!? I suppose that depends on the day! The Amiodarone which

No comments:

Post a Comment