Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Headed to UofMn - Peds Neurosurgery Appt.

I head to UofMn (Minneapolis) Weds to see the Peds Neurosurgeon again (last saw Dr.G last summer when there for the neurocognitive study for my MPS I, I had tacked on the addition appt with him before I flew home).

Anyways I had emailed Dr.G a couple weeks ago sort of updating him on what has been going on and lack of progress despite what suggestions he had given my local team. He suggested I come and see him again if I could and "we'd discuss options". There where appts available sooner but I had other stuff going on and tomorrow worked best for my schedule. It also worked out that a friend of mine was able to take off work so she and I are driving up there together (often otherwise my Dad and I would drive there together minus the times I fly to Mn).
I honestly don't know what to expect or hope from the appt but I guess perhaps just hoping he will still be willing to help and either by some miracle be able to convince my local Peds Nrsgn to do something (not holding my breathe sadly) or that he (Dr.G) will perhaps still consider some of the options he had thought might help when I saw him last summer.
If you believe in prayer then please pray for a good appt and us to be able to figure something out. I super do not want to drive to Minneapolis but also so want to feel better! God knows his plans, right?
                                    

Hope everyone's thanksgivings where well and blessed. Although I did not feel very great it was a nice day with family - not to much stress and drama if any usually starts after. I had my nephew the night before and for lunch + several of my other nieces and nephews where here so was pretty good overall.
Sunday School we are starting our holiday lessons and I've been getting ready for our SS Christmas party (I love our SS kids and getting to share the joy of Christmas and Christ's birth with them and honestly learn from them to!). These kids literally make my week which I feel lucky lucky for! Getting up so early on Sunday's is not high on my favorites list but at the same time I know when I see my 1st kid(s) come through the door Sunday mornings it's so truly rewarding!!!

Thanks for stopping by, will try to update later this wk.
God bless - to him be the glory!

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment