Saturday, January 14, 2017

Heart monitor ? LP Shunt ? = Watch and monitor/see

Sorry for the last update being so lack of info - not much to say other than I've been home from the hospital now about a wk and honestly hasn't been horrible but definetly hadn't been great either. I stayed with my Parents up till yesterday so a little less than a week and now back at my Apt. Stitches came out Thurs and I f/up with Dr.Iskandar next Thurs.
Shunt wise what to even say? I talked to Dr.Bragg some to ask her about out prior experience with something somewhat (but not entirely) similar and got a little info from her. I appreciate she's willing to help and I appreciate my Neurosurgeon now has said to both her and I he is glad the 2 of us stay in touch as it helps him.

I don't really know why low back this time is so incredibly painful but then almost as soon as I sit I feel little pain/discomfort. It's not even just like a nerve pain but a full out throbbing, severe pain. Ugh I hope we can figure it out soon (very soon!) or that it just settles!



Heart / Heart Monitor -
I received the Heart monitor  (Zio (Heart) monitor) results from my Heart Rhythm dr. earlier this week and overall seems pretty good results w/a  average heart rate on that 48hr monitor around 86. That's down from 100s so a plus! It's possible we'll still add back a med specific to heart rate (we stopped the very specific Ivabradine after this last repeat-Ablation attempt). It's possible will take a bit of trial and error but something to help overall symptoms which for whatever reason seem like they've kept back up some from the improvements  we had after the 3rd OHS a year ago (albeit not every symptom completely went away after the 3rd OHS/Mitral valve replacement) thus why we tried to manage with meds and get heart rate down after.

There's a potential new issue with heart but something we'll just watch and average heart rate is in the 80s going up to 130s so not to bad compared to prior to Dec's repeat ablation.
For the HR increases he mentioned we could potentially try and beta blocker again (yuck!)  but no matter he'd like to give it a little time before considering restarting the Ivabadine (a heart med more specific to heart rate and heart failure).

The area he had some concern with (an area of heart block) that we've not seen on any prior heart monitors and he's unsure if is related to the ablation we just did or potentially from the last Open Heart surgery a yr. ago. It seems this new area/issue could also be a lesser common link between my MPS, the heart surgeries  (a lesser known or common issue in MPS Pts., doesn't occur from what I think I remember very frequent?) and just hasn't shown up on monitoring before.
None-the-less right now we just watch this "brief heart block" and monitor over time, watch or correlate to any symptoms and may (or may not depending if a consistent issue over time) require a pacemaker.
Heart block from what Dr.Kovach said is a "disruption in the normal communication between the top of your heart and the bottom" so for now we just monitor and watch and hopefully never need a Pacemaker. I know he's talked about it before but I can't even imagine how a Pacemaker, 2 programmable shunts (VPL, LP) work together (I'm sure they can just would be curious when it came to imaging (especially) I guess..

I follow up with my actual Cardiologist (Dr.Earing manages the heart valve and overall heart, Dr.Kovach monitors more the actual heart rhythm) next wk so we'll see what he has to say about it all. Both Heart drs. have kept up on the on-going shunt stuff.


Will try to update after that Appt later this week,
Thanks for stopping by,

Erica

No comments:

Post a Comment