Monday, June 17, 2019

General Surgery Appt (possible surgery), Cardiology Appt, etc.

General Surgery
Sorry for not updating sooner from the other weeks update but I saw the General Surgeon a couple wks ago who like my PCP suspects the swollen area in my abdomen/groin is a hernia but wanted to do a ultrasound 1st just to rule out it isn't enlarged lymph nodes 1st. That is scheduled for Weds and then I f/up with the General Surgeon right after (glad they could be coordinated together! I liked this Surgeon and her Nurse for that). She just said if it is hernia and requires surgery she'd opt to do a open approach versus laparoscopic due to my being on blood thinners (lovenox especially) and needing to stay on these right up till any surgery is done. 
Obviously a laparoscopic approach is less invasive so that would be a bummer but I guess will just see what becomes of the ultrasound and appt on Weds.

Compassionate Access Drug 
In the mean time my PCP heard from the company re the drug and things changed + paperwork is being submitted. I don't remember what I updated last time but the drug person for that company came by infusion a few wks ago and met with my PCP + my PCP then sent her down my way. The drug Rep thought it was possible we could have approval as soon as July. Would be awesome!
                                 



VBS
Last wk I taught VBS at Church which went really well and was fun. I taught 5th and 6th grade again this yr (I teach 3rd/4th for Sunday School but had my choice for VBS again) and really is neat to teach a different grade. Many of the kids where/are my former SS kids and/or kids I had in prior years for VBS so went well. I have TERRIBLE issues with names but have a few work arounds for my aweful memory and my 3 helpers where also great this yr (1 of which is 1 of my regular (pre-k/k) Sunday School Teachers so she knows how I do things and to we know each other well. I rescheduled everything but infusion so was a nice week with a nice 
break from appts!

Cardiology Appt
Saw Cardiology the other week and was a good appt to. Usual just watching various things but overall stable and no med changes. His biggest concern is the not being able to be on regular coumadin (blood thinner) and needing to be on lovenox instead as that isn't actually recommended or approved for long term for mechanical valves but overall it really did seem to be an okay appt.
  
Zander's 13th Birthday
Last this Sunday we celebrated my nephew's (13th!) Birthday and my Dad's birthday as well as of course Father's day for my Dad. Was a fun weekend. One of my closest friends (fellow SS Teacher :) and 1 of  Z's favorites) came as well as a bunch of family to his party which my parents held at their house. Was a nice day albeit a tad chilly for being June!  =) 

                       Happy 13th my bird and tree loving kiddo!


I am probably forgetting something but will try to update after Weds  General Surgery Appt.
Thanks for checking in,
Erica 


No comments:

Post a Comment